Friday, December 11, 2009

Four Month Update

"You humor me. Please continue the funny faces. That is all."

So much for keeping the blog up-to-date. I never really believed people that told me "once that baby arrives your free time ends." I guess I should listen a little better. I'm sure SuperMom agrees. Just under a week ago (Dec. 5) our little man's odometer rolled past four months. My how time flies when you're having fun.

They say this is the "Golden" age of a baby. They're starting to interact with mom/dad, they can hold up their head, they smile, they coo, and they are still immobile. I have to agree. We enjoy the benefits of a baby without the function of a toddler. Good times!! The past few weeks have really been a blur. Our handsome little man (photographic evidence above) has really started to develop a personality. He has favorite toys (lights + music), books (10 Little Ladybugs & Snuggle Puppy), and activities (bath time).

SuperMom has been phenomenal so far. She takes to motherhood like a duck to water. It's quite shocking to see her in action. She has a solution for every mood. She knows when he's hungry. She knows when he needs a diaper changed. She knows when he is tired, or if he needs a burp. I'm completely lost and just do what she says. Our marriage and relationship seem to benefit from this approach. I guess there is a lesson to be learned here.

There is one thing I seem to be good at...making him laugh. I discovered this new talent just a few days ago during an impromptu game of peek-a-boo. I was going to supply video evidence, but the clip is taking forever-and-a-day to upload. The game went on for quite some time until SuperMom whipped out the video camera. While Cubby is very outgoing, he tends to become shy once the camera is rolling. I will try to upload the video after the gremlins at Blogger stop disrupting the network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive